Myvi Extreme Club Malaysia
Welcome to our new Forum , New Transformation , New Future
Welcome to our new Forum , New Transformation , New Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transformation

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??

Go down 
+9
buncit
mim
gorgon1383
shamiin22
EzD
heikalsan
myv7
prinze
sevencause
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
heikalsan
MyviX VIP
MyviX VIP
heikalsan

Male Age : 40
Location : Subang Jaya, USJ16, Aloq STAQ (spg 4), Damansara Utama, Pinggiran USJ
Registration date : 2008-03-07
Number of posts : 3338

OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/7/2008, 12:14 pm

if under warranty just go to P2 then tell them the probelm then tehy will order new set for it...

Im having the same issue...right now waiting for it....
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

Male Age : 43
Registration date : 2008-03-10
Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/7/2008, 8:11 pm

use EG or toyota ae92/101... or change it high performer disc. Use cross drill
Back to top Go down
QAM****
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
QAM****

Male Age : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-02
Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/7/2008, 11:30 pm

Bros kalian, converting the rear brake frm drum to disc, do we need to upgrade to a bigger brake pump? what about the brake hoses? r there available brackets for the brake hoses? Forgive me but "plug & play" doesn's sound quite right.... pls explain in more detail. Ori brake set is not very convincing when it comes to stopping power (@ over 120km)
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/7/2008, 7:43 pm

plug & play = no modi, juz replace the OEM part and place a plug & play part.
Back to top Go down
QAM****
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
QAM****

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/7/2008, 12:45 am

Anyone knows if we could use brembo disc and calipers frm other models? R32 or R33? How much $$$ hoh? I try to prevent myself frm using the dummy cover, it's soooo fake...... plus, i might cause overheating to the brake pads due to poor ventilation.
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/7/2008, 8:39 am

verry costing, depend on model. i think brembo calipers is bigger, have to use bigger rims too
Back to top Go down
prinze
MyviX VIP
MyviX VIP
prinze

Male Age : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-19
Number of posts : 4862

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/7/2008, 8:44 am

agree with sevencause...
need use bigger rim when using the brembo caliper...
Back to top Go down
http://prinzenma.blogspot.com
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/7/2008, 1:51 pm

minimal 16" , but u can use small 6 pot caliper. that is performance part which more smaller then brembo.
Back to top Go down
heikalsan
MyviX VIP
MyviX VIP
heikalsan

Male Age : 40
Location : Subang Jaya, USJ16, Aloq STAQ (spg 4), Damansara Utama, Pinggiran USJ
Registration date : 2008-03-07
Number of posts : 3338

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/7/2008, 3:35 pm

QAM**** wrote:
Bros kalian, converting the rear brake frm drum to disc, do we need to upgrade to a bigger brake pump? what about the brake hoses? r there available brackets for the brake hoses? Forgive me but "plug & play" doesn's sound quite right.... pls explain in more detail. Ori brake set is not very convincing when it comes to stopping power (@ over 120km)

i think u can buy and just plug n play the thing. try find out inside this forum someone post about it. using toyota rear break
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/7/2008, 1:12 pm

i already install plug & play rear disc from toyota rear break.
Back to top Go down
QAM****
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
QAM****

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/7/2008, 6:25 pm

sevencause:
heikalsan:

but after installing the rotor and caliper group, u'd still need to run the brake hose, rite? If that's the case, meaning that we do need a bit of mod lah, cuz we need to run the hose to the rear brakes, correct?

btw, i'm using 17"s now, and the rotors look so tiny, comparing to the size of the wheels, not only it looks ugly, but due to the larger wheels, stopping power at hi speed has dropped.

the famous yellow TRD Passo featured in some local mags is using Nissan Brembo (can't remember R32 or R33) , i thnik...???
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/7/2008, 5:50 pm

anykind of caliper u can use... the prob is "TAPAK"
Back to top Go down
QAM****
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
QAM****

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19/7/2008, 2:29 am

sevencause:

So, if i buy the calipers frm the internet, then buy the used tapak frm halfcut shop ok kah? I saw Wilwood calipers, very nice and cheap, but dunno if i can find the right tapak to go with them or not... any sifus here that could lend a hand
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime21/7/2008, 5:39 pm

for u information passo/boon are not included with rear disc breaking system. U can use any caliper, the difficulties is tapak... u need to mod tapak from other toyota/honda EG series(FERIO) or other model that use rear disk.
Back to top Go down
QAM****
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
QAM****

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/7/2008, 2:28 am

At this point, i'm thinking of upgrading just the frnt brakes, until i've got enuff $$ to get turbo for my vivi, i'll keep the rear brake as it is, for now. I've sent an enquiry to the ebay seller in US, he said that the calipers come with all the necessary installation kit, and it'll fit my car, but I'm still not quite convinced, dunno why...

So, what r my options, if i insist to get the calipers? Anyone knows if vivi is sharing parts with any other models? what about Yaris or Starlet? how i wished they were perfit fit for my vivi...
Back to top Go down
sevencause
MyviX Junior
MyviX Junior
sevencause

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/7/2008, 12:00 pm

YARIS, YRV or other twinport caliper from toyota can use also.
Back to top Go down
Apish
MyviX VIP
MyviX VIP

Male Age : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-24
Number of posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2009, 5:15 pm

topic closed.

Thanks & regards,
Apish
MOD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??   OPINIONS - Drum or Disc?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OPINIONS - Drum or Disc??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2